- Modern and inviting café style bakery
- Generous salary package
- Long-term career opportunities with a progressive family-owned company, that stands for family, passion, honesty and progress.
You will be an experienced & creative Chef, that is passionate about food. You will possess a high level of attention to detail, enthusiasm and be eager to work with us to enhance the overall dining experience for our customers.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a commercial kitchen
- Demonstrated experience in food preparation, cooking and service
- Possess a food safety/food handling certification.
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operations or equivalent will be highly regarded
- Previous experience working in a café/restaurant environment
- A passion for outstanding product development and customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated organisational and communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Flexibility in working hours including mornings, days, early afternoons, weekends and public holidays. No night work is required
- Capable of lifting up to10 kilograms and stand for long periods of time
- Above average problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills.
- Driver’s licence
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a highly motivated industry professional to join our team.
In your role as the store Chef, you will focus on managing a busy kitchen and contribute to an inclusive and positive work environment that is rewarding for all staff. You will lead by example, have a can-do attitude and be highly organised.
Reporting directly to the Retail Operations Manager your responsibilities within this role will include but are not limited to:
- Positively represent and be an ambassador for the Village Bakehouse brand
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the kitchen
- Encourage fellow employees to strive for excellence in all areas of their work with a willingness to share culinary knowledge
- Maintain a safe workplace for both staff and customers. You will require a sound knowledge of work, health and safety responsibilities and a commitment to WHS and safe food handling and hygiene
- Maintain food safety standards and possess a sound understanding of and commitment to relevant food safety legislation
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Stock Management
- Quality control
- Work at close quarters in a hot, fast-paced environment