- Nothing to pay for your qualification – no debt!
- Complete a nationally recognised Certificate III in Commercial Cookery qualification
- Supportive Team + Culture | Fast-growing | Family Owned and Operated
The perfect Apprentice Chef will have previous food handling experience (preferred but not mandatory) with a genuine passion for food and hold a special combo of the right skills, experience and attitude.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to our Qualified Chefs, you will learn how to manage the daily operations of the kitchen whilst making our daily summer salads as well as our delicious brekky and lunch options from Eggs Your Way to a fluffy Pancake Stack or a Buttermilk Chicken Burger.
You will earn while you learn real on-the-job skills – no previous commercial based cooking experience is necessary to apply, you just need to have a love for food and be committed to completing a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery over a three (3) year period.
In your role as Apprentice Chef, your key responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with food preparation, assembly and food storage as required.
- Cooking of key ingredients and produce.
- Assisting out chefs with taste testing seasonal menu items.
- Ensuring ingredients are tagged, date-labelled, covered, stored, and rotated effectively.
- Perform general cleaning to maintain a safe and hygienic work environment including maintaining cooking utensils, dishes, cutlery, and other equipment.
- Ensure that Food Safety procedures are followed.